Sunday, August 26, 2007

Wordpress's mobile phone optimized web interface

I am so relieved to find that wordpress provides a web interface optimized for mobile phones. I dont remember wordpress supporting this earlier.

Mobile blogging has always been a pain for me earlier and to some extent even now. Blogger, for instance, provides a mail based posting of blogs. You can mail your post by mailing it to a predefined mail address (thats how I am posting this message). But its not very covenient though. I need to open my mail client to post the message and also formatting on the posted message looks bad. Also, it does not provide a way to tag the message and also does not provide me with a dashboard.

Web service providers seem to vastly underestimate the need for a mobile phone optimized web interface. The whole world is moving towards mobile computing and web service providers better realize this.. For their own good.

No comments: